Newton Stanley – About
NEWTON STANLEY IS…
A diverse team of individuals with 57+ years’ cumulative experience, unrivalled expertise and a shared commitment to the people and businesses that Newton Stanley serves.
We are an East Midlands-based company committed to and in the business of providing a first-rate, proven and guaranteed Executive Search recruitment service to clients across the UK, primarily dealing with senior roles, and operating across every industry and job function.
7 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT HOW WE WORK
At Newton Stanley we believe that recruitment is first and foremost a personal process.
Your organisation is unique, the people you employ are individuals and your needs and requirements for the future are specific to you.
In providing you with a highly structured and efficient approach to executive recruitment, we never lose sight of the fact that at the end of the day we are working with people.
This realisation extends through everything we do – the respect with which we treat our clients, the time we spend with our candidates and the effort we put into understanding the real success factors of each and every role.
In a world where business often disregards the importance of individuality in the commercial process, we unashamedly put people first.
#1 RECRUITMENT TAILORED TO YOUR NEEDS
Your organisation is unique. We want to find high-calibre people who want to join your organisation and recruit people who are right for your role.
#2 FOCUSED ON POSITIVE OUTCOMES
From keeping in touch with the people we’ve placed we know:
- 95% of people we place are still in role after 1 year.
- 90% of people we place are still in role after 2 years.
- Many have stayed longer and been promoted.
#3 A RECRUITMENT COMPANY THAT GUARANTEES ITS WORK
We want you to feel happy with the work we do; in the highly unlikely event that someone we place leaves their post within 1 year, we will repeat the search and selection process and replace them – free of charge.
#4 A THOROUGH + PRO-ACTIVE SEARCH PROCESS
Our search is initiated after we’ve taken time to understand your needs and help you to create a specific brief for your role.
We will seek to understand what you believe to be the key challenges for this role over the first 2 years.
We will pinpoint a wide selection of appropriate companies from which to identify candidates.
Typically this can range from just a handful up to 300 companies depending on the specific needs of the role.
From those companies we will typically pick-out up to 250 candidates.
Many of these may not themselves be suitable but they may be able to provide us with other contacts.
We would expect to approach to up to 80 appropriate candidates regarding your role.
From these will directly interview interested candidates against your specific brief.
Using this method it would be quite usual for us to spend up to 80 hours researching candidates for your role.
#5 PUTTING PEOPLE FIRST
Everyone in our team believes in treating other people with the respect and care that we would ourselves prefer to receive.
When our researchers talk to candidates they seek to try and understand the individual circumstances and aspirations of that person.
We gain our confidence in each candidate’s suitability by taking the time to ensure that your role is right for them, at this point in their career.
Whilst we do appreciate the importance of education and career history, we also seek to appraise other areas such as self-awareness, motivation, empathy and social skills.
Before we introduce you to any candidate we will have already interviews them ourselves, typically setting aside up to 2 hours.
Our empathic approach to interviewing draws out the real attributes that will make the placement a success.
#6 WORKING WITH YOUR REPUTATION IN MIND
We are aware that the way we handle people will reflect on you. We will always represent your organisation with dignity.
A few examples of how we handle practical matters include:
- When we arrange interviews between you and a candidate we send confirmation in writing.
- We call each candidate prior to the interview to confirm attendance and ensure that they are properly prepared.
- Following an interview with you we give each candidate feedback in person or over the telephone, and not by letter or email.
- We give honest and straight-forward feedback in a constructive and respectful manner.
- We help with the negotiation of a job offer between you and the candidate.
- We aim to broker the best deal between you and your chosen new employee; this removes the final barrier to a successful long-term placement into your organisation.
- We take references on your behalf, obtaining quality feedback and saving you time.
#7 A HOLISTIC APPROACH TO YOUR NEEDS
Not all employers have the appropriate skills, experience, time or resources to optimise the recruitment process.
We can help, if requested, with:
- Understanding key challenges of the role and preparing a comprehensive job description.
- Identifying the competencies required in order to excel in the role.
- Interview techniques for the employer to maximise the ‘face time’ with each candidate.
- Taking up references on candidates presented.
- The provision of psychometric profiling.
- The management and negotiation of contracts and job offers.
- Outplacement services – job-hunting and interview counselling for outgoing employees
We provide support and advice for the new employee in the early days of their new role to avoid buy-back and ‘second-thoughts’ issues.
SEE WHAT THEY’RE SAYING ABOUT US…
…but if you would prefer to speak directly to people we have helped and are helping currently, contact our MD Richard Andrews who would be more than happy to make that possible.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
For more information, why not visit the Newton Stanley website…
…or get in touch with our Richard Andrews, our MD, who is more than happy to put aside some of his time to discuss your business situation and recruitment needs @Newton Stanley Executive Recruitment Sibsey House, 42 Wollaton Road, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 2NR Tel: 0115 922 0700 Mob: 07802 238697 Web Site: www.newton-stanley.co.uk LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/rbandrews (Newton Stanley Ltd, Registered in England No 3313342 - Registered office: 44 Nottingham Road, Mansfield, Nottingham, NG18 1BL)